Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Family Portrait and A Reading Nook Project

Greetings all! Its a peacefully rainy day here in the deep south and I am sitting here blogging to keep busy while my husband plays games on the XBox and the puppy snores peacfully at my feet. With this in mind, I wanted to share with you a picture of "my two boys".



George is always complaining that the puppy doesn't love him as much, but Sgt. Major is a momma's boy and as anyone with a clingy kid can tell you, sometimes it gets overwhelming. He is always under foot when I am home. When I do dishes, he sits on my feet! Well, one night last week I came into the livingroom to see why they hadn't come to bed yet and this is what I saw.

Sgt. Major had actually fallen asleep on George and he didn't want to move for fear of waking him up. Too funny!

On another note, I wanted to show you the pillow that I finished for my reading nook. Do you see the puppy's kennel across from me. He likes to lay in it and watch me stitch or read ... see, Momma's Boy!



I used one of my favorite fabrics. I am hoping to make a quilt out of what was left, but I ahve to find complimentary fabrics. You can see at the base of the chair is my craft basket. It holds all of my current working projects. I change them monthly so I don't get bored. I have to stay motivated or a project will never get finished.

Until our next visit...

1 comment:

Gone said...

Lovely photos!!! Cute story, too!

I love the fabric on the pillow!!!

;-)