Monday, August 26, 2013

Boot Scootin'

I have been having a little fun lately or at least trying. I haven't had a lot of extra time, but I have been trying to get some crafting in. 

You may remember my extensive to-do list, so I decided to start tackling some of it. This was one was a priority because my mom wanted to use it as a sample at quilt shows and when she teaches classes. So how'd I make it? Glad you ask!

First, the pattern is Bigfork Bay Cotton Company's"Bootiful"by artist Carol Rockwell. It is a fusible appliqué  pattern, made using the Appliqué Pressing Sheet by Bear Thread Designs. Essentially is is a grown up version of childhood cutting and pasting! You trace the pattern onto fusible web, iron the fusible to the backside of your fabric and cut them out, The place The Appliqué Pressing Sheet on top of your placement guide and build the pattern. Easy Peasy!!

So this is mine just before I ironed it on the background fabric. It didn't take me long, ion fact, I rolled it up like this to finish at my mom's house around Christmas, but then the baby got sick and the holidays hit, then Hubby came home from a year-long tour in Korea. So life got in the way of me finishing this it literally took me 5 minutes to finish it.
 
I have another pattern that I'll be doing as a demo at the show this weekend, sometimes I get to do ones that I want and then mom uses them for samples, especially since we have such different tastes and two patterns turn out completely different. I'll have to show you that in another post one day. Until then,

Happy stitching ...
 

http://www.bigforkbaycottonco.com/quilting-store/bootiful.html






No comments: