Monday, July 28, 2014

A Beau-TEA-ful Treat!!

So yesterday, I showed you the Round Robin tea-themed quilt that was completed over the last year by my fellow quilt team members. At the conclusion I eluded that there was another tea-related surprise that I got this weekend and here it is ...

We had quite the active weekend, playing at the park, swimming, an Astros Baseball game, and more. While out and about my husband asked if I wanted to stop at a local consignment store, Consign-It, to see if they had any cabinets or hutches because we'd been trying to find something to display my tea cup collection since we first got married, 10 years ago. (Serious, nothing seemed like it would survive Army movers!)

When we got there we found two beautiful cabinets and after some discussions and comparisons, we decided to go with this one ...



After the baseball game, I spent a few hours unpacking my tea cup collections and tea sets and arranging them. 







Between my collection, the glass pieces and china we inherited from George's grandmother and my great-grandmother, the cabinet was filled in no time. About 2/3 of the pieces fit, so we'll have to come up with some other display methods.

Until our next cup of tea ...
 

No comments: