Friday, August 1, 2014

The Accidental Chef: "Not So Stuffed" Cabbage

Mmm ... Cabbage. O.k., so I am aware that not everyone shares my enthusiasm, but who am I to judge.

One of my favorite fast and healthy recipes is Stuffed Cabbage though my patience for a 12-step program when it comes to making dinner is not usually something I am willing to undertalke when I am in the mood for a favorite dish. So sometimes, I make a shortcut, and that is how "Not So Stuffed Cabbage" came to be.



So this is what I did ...

Ingredients:

  • 1 lb. ground beef or turkey (or 12-15 meatballs)
  • 1 head of cabbage
  • 1 medium onion
  • 1 Tbsp chopped garlic
  • 1 (10 oz can) tomatoes
  • 2 (15 oz cans) tomato sauce 


Directions:
1. Brown ground beef/turkey. Add onion and chopped garlic and cook together, then set aside.
2. Cut cabbage into 1-inch squares and saute (or steam) until desired softness. 
3. Add the meat mixture to the cabbage. The add tomatoes and tomato sauce.
*** Note: You can also add 2 cups of cooked rice, though we only eat rice occasionally.
4. Simmer for 10 minutes. Enjoy!!




Until our next cup of tea ...

No comments: