Wednesday, October 22, 2008

Stitching my way to sanity ...

There is always so much going on in my world that it is often hard to keep it straight ... hence my saving grace ... my planner. I'm still working old school with a paperplanner, but I've tried digital and could never remember to charge it. On top of that there was always so much paperwork and little notes that changing my "color coordinated sticky note system" for a more techinical one just made me more stressed.

But as much as I rely on my planner, it is really my stitching and craft projects that keep me from screaming to the top of my lungs after a hectic day. I work on a variety of projects (wat until I post the list of projects to be finished!) This keeps me from getting bored and I can find a project to cater to my mood.

My favorite project of late has been a spring table topper with daisies.



I loved it when I saw it in the catolog three years ago ... I had to have it. It took me a few months to get started since I wanted to get some projects finished and I was starting my master's at the time. But once I did, I loved it even more than I first did.

The daisies wrap around the entire topper. I was so in love with it, I decided I wanted to do napkins, pothold and breadcloth. I got the breadcloth finished, but have decided to finish the topper before I get to the napkins and potholder. I can't wait though. I did a few more flowers when in Houston, but am only about half done. I promise to post pictures as I go along, but in the meantime, here is the finished breadcloth.



Until our next visit ...

1 comment:

Sandi Linn Andersen said...

How lovely that will be when you sit down to have a cup of tea! :-)
Just a little rhyme to make you smile. I, too, use a paper planner. Just can't do the electronic thing. I love the old-fashioned way when it comes to taking notes and it just works better for me.