Wednesday, November 12, 2014

Keeping Warm with Christmas Creations

Brr! The cold has finally reached the Gulf Coast with a cold front moving in and waking us with temperatures in the low 40s. While I would've been happy to snuggle under some quilts, we were up and getting ready for the day with only the slightest drag at the prospect of heading out into the chilly winds. 

My little guy fell asleep on the way home from school (45 minute drive most afternoons), so he was slow to wake when I got home. He sat in the biggest recliner and slowly woke up wit the help of a snack and Disney Junior. With my little Monkey settled, I decided it would be a great time to at least get started on the second Quiltsmart Christmas Stocking. 

This time I decided to do a few things different than the last time. I decided to use the same fabric for both sides. I also decided to see how stitching on the cutting line would affect the size since it would add about a 1/4 inch overall. That also meant shifting the hanging loop and remembering to cut about 1/4 inch away from the line.

In 20 minutes I went from a 1/3 yard of Christmas fabric to this: 


Placed side-by-side there was little visual differece, but there was a little more room inside and really, who wouldn't want more room in their Christmas stocking?


Have you tried the Quiltsmart Christmas Stockings? What themes did you choose?

Until our next cup of tea ...


No comments: