Tuesday, November 4, 2014

Round Robin Review


You may remember my post in September about starting my second Round Robin. This year, I am not passing my quilt along, but rather adding each border myself, holding with my theme for the year of "A Year of Quiltsmart". Therefore, I have been labeled a "Lone Robin". I feel like a rogue undercover agent or something.


So you may remember my medallion (center) was a red and green Princess Feather, a retired design by Quiltsmart. For the second row, I used the Watercolor Interfacing (provided in original Princess Feather pattern). I cut 2.5 inch squares and ironed to interfacing then sewed top to bottom, followed by left to right.



After the squares were sewn, I cut them in half across the white part and sewed them onto the medallion, turning it "on point". This was actually the first time I had ever turned a quilt "on point" so I was a bit more excited than a normal person would be (but I never claimed to be normal).

I am really excited about how this project is turning out. Our next meeting is early December, so I need to get started on the second row, which is partially cut. I can't wait to see how it turns out. I'll check in soon wiht updates ...

Until our next cup of tea ...

 
 

No comments: