Saturday, December 27, 2014

Christmas Roses

I'm pretty sure my family and friends on my private Facebook page are tired of me posting this same thing every major holiday but I just can't help it.

Christmas morning we went out into our backyard and the rosebush my husband's grandmother plannted more than 30 years ago was in full bloom again. I am so excited that every holiday, no matter what time of year, this beautiful bush of pink roses greets us with a floral display. It's kind of like those who have passed away are wanting to remind us that they are still in our hearts.

This poor plant hasn't been cared for properly in many years. My father-in-law was content to let it gow wild and it has held up under a variety of winter freezes, droughts, hurricanes and so much more. I want to prune it and give it a little TLC (tender loving care), but I am scared if I do that it won't bloom yearround like it has been since before we inherited the house in 2008.

Any suggestions or advice?? I have no experience whatsoever with plants. In fact, I am a bit of a plant-nemisis, but I really want this one to be its best. Should I leave it be or do a little work?






Until our next cup of tea ...


No comments: