Friday, November 14, 2008

Seal of Approval ... Closing in on the finishline

The past three months I have spent a lot of time at the hospital while my father-in-law was sick. Try as I may, concentrating on homework was difficult, but stitching was something that I could drop at a moments notice or take with me when we went for tests in other parts of the hospital. I have a long list of unfinished projects and as soon as I verify it, I'll post so you can see just what I have on my plate.

When packing for Houston, I chose three projects, the Daisy tabletopper was one project, but the Army Seal that I have been working on for over 5 years was another. Both large projects, both high on my priority list.

When I started Oct. 23, this is where I was:



When I put it down and started fresh on a new project a week ago, this is where I was:



Really close to finishing, aren't I?

I first saw the pattern, summer 2002, when I was was in North Carolina completing my internship. (Yes, same one where I got my green and rose teaset.) I started the following fall. A few months into it, I was working on completing the outer circle and realized I'd miss counted and it didn't meet correctly and was too far off to "correct" with altered counting, so I started over. Trust me, I was MUCH more careful the second time.

I chose 22-count fabric and for those who don't know, that means 22 squares per inch ... yep, that's small. So it's taken me a while. I've just got a few letters and backstitching, which is my least favorite. I'll post pictures as I continue.

Until our next visit ...

Post a Comment