Monday, July 1, 2013

A New Beginning, An Exciting Adventure

It 's hard to believe it has been a year since I last posted on here, its been a while since I posted on my military life blog as well, but life has been active and I guess if I had to choose, spending time exploring our world with my husband and toddler would be my choice!

So you may be asking yourself, "Why is she reopening the blog?" well, the answer to that is there have been some changes in life lately and it has brought my craft blog back into focus for me.

Many of my early posts here had spoken of a legacy of crafting ... my mother, grandmother and great grandmother were all crafters in their own arts. What I may or may not have mentioned is that my mom is also a bit of a celebrity in the quilting world, as owner of Bear Thread Designs, manufacturer of the Applique Pressing Sheet TM, she has traveled the continental US and beyond teaching the art of fusible applique, attending quilting shows and expos as a vendor and quest speaker and more. I have helped, when the nomadic life of a military family allowed, but 18 months ago we moved back home for my husband to attend law school and recently my parents offered me a position in Marketing and Business Development.

I start today and I am so excited to have this opportunity to work with my family and let's be honest, even "work" at a crafting-themed company is going to be fun. So I am reinstating my craft to share my crafts and adventures. I am very excited to be a part of this full time and not just when my schedule allows, so join me as I explore the world of quilting and crafts and navigate the journey of working in a family business! I hope you enjoy the ride!!

No comments: