Sunday, July 7, 2013

The Accidental Chef: Lasagna Rolls

This is a blog post I used to do on my main blog, A Cup of Tea with Friends. I love trying new recipes, though I seldom follow them exactly. Usually I combine several recipes, then see what happens! Then I post it on here and pray (if its good) that it comes out the same next time. So far only 1 recipe has proven difficult to replicate, The White Beans and Ham.

So, here it is ...

Ingredients ... 
  • 9 lasagna noodles
  • 1 pound ground beef
  •  1 c. chopped onions
  • 1 jar (14 ounces) spaghetti sauce
  •  2 c. mozzarella cheese
  •  1 c. parmesan cheese
  •  1 container of ricotta cheese
  •  2 eggs (lightly beaten

  •  
    Directions:
    1. I put water on to boil for the noodles.
    2. Then I browned the ground beef.
    3. As these cooked I mixed together the eggs, lightly beaten, cheeses and some salt and pepper.
    4. I let the noodles cook for 12 minutes once the water started to boil. Then drained.
    5. When the ground beef was browned, I added chopped onions and 1/2 of the jar of spaghetti sauce.
    6. One by one, I  layered the noodles with a spoonful of beef and sauce, then the cheese mixture and rolled then up. (I didn't put any filling on the last 1/4 of the noodle because it made it too full. Then I placed then in a greased glass baking dish.
    7. I baked for 13 minutes at 400 degrees.
    8. THEN WE ATE THEM UNTIL OUR BELLIES WERE FULL.
    Oh, man, they were yummy. Hubby and I are taking some to work for lunch tomorrow, but I am thinking of doing more of the meat and sauce mixture next time and freezing some. There was some extra cheese mixture left over, so I may try it with spinach one night when hubby is at school and see how they turn out vegetarian style! I'll let you know ...
     


    No comments: