Wednesday, July 17, 2013

"Whatcha Doing?" Wednesday: A Dose of Disney


I hope everyone is having a "creative" week! For me it has been mostly about Disney. Some of our friends is taking their kids to Disney in a few weeks and I made this skirt for their 13 year old daughter. I have been trying to find a quick and easy pattern and saw these "circle skirt" DIYs on Pinterest  and gave it a try. Really easy, but since she is really tall and thin, I had to add length to make it "Daddy-approved" so we went with a black wide hem to compliment the (not shown) black elastic waist. I'll have to post a photo when completely done.


For both their son and mine I made pirate bandanas out of this material (ARG, matey!) It was quick and easy, just square of material, folded in half to form a triangle and ta-da! You have turned a toddler into a pirate!
 
 
Lastly, from the leftover material I made this cute Minnie Mouse tote ... o.k. this was for me, but seriously, its so cute! We go to Disney when we can so next trip ... I'm going to be rocking this cute bag. It's actually larger than I had anticipated since I didn't measure or plan out. Just cut and go really. Making additions, like to ribbon as I went. Now I want to do more Disney stuff! But first I have to finish the skirt and add handles to the tote. We'll see where the creative journey leads!!
 

1 comment:

Liam S said...

Hii nice reading your post