Sunday, August 31, 2014

Ghosts, Ghouls and Goblins Come Early!!

Growing up my family did not celebrate Halloween, based on religious beliefs. When I reached adulthood and was living on my own, I made the decision to decorate, even if I didn't celebrate by trick-or-treating. I did dress up in college, so maybe that counts as "celebrating". Then I met and married a man who loved it so much, it soon became OUR favorite holiday!
Over the years we celebrated by dressing up, handing out candy and decorating. Soon, I started to plan ahead so that I could further enjoy the holiday with a variety of craft projects. Over the years, there are a few that have emerged as favorites ...

 Decorative Spider Charger 



 All Eyes On You Wall Art

 Quiltsmart Wine Glass Shades

Gauze Ghosts

This year is no different. Halloween is two months away and I am already itching to get started on some Halloween and Fall projects. A wreath might be on the list this year, I have a "Fall" one, but a Halloween one might be a fun addition, we have 2 front doors.

I want to cross stitch some kitchen towels and throw pillows as well. I haven't stitched a project in a while, since I've been focused on quilting. Although, with Quiltsmart, I can make some quilt quilted pillow tops as well. Hmm ... so many options ...

On Friday, my husband didn't have class (law school) because of the Labor Day holiday, so he joined me as I started to drop off the Fall Quilt Issue of TEAinTEXAS. When we stopped for lunch, we went across the street to Barnes & Noble and that's where I found this little treasure ...


I am so excited to get started on some of these adorable cross stitch projects. There is an owl that is absolutely adorable and there is a really cool skull piece as well. I'll keep you posts on my Fall projects ...

Until our next cup of tea ...

No comments: