Saturday, January 10, 2009

Join me for a cup of tea ... part 8

Welcome to the first Saturday Tea of 2009. Thanks for joining me. Last time we had tea I showed you the Marble Teaset my husband brought back from Afghanistan. Well, that same month, two weeks after returning from deployment he took me to El Dorado Royale in Cancun for vacation. It was while we were there that I found this next piece to my collection ...



I'd always loved Mexican pottery and spending time in Houston with my mother I saw a lot of it. So from the onset of my collection, I knew I wanted some, not only because it would be a reminder of my heritage, but because of the general beauty and artisty of these pieces.

I noticed when looking at the Mexican tea cups that unlike most the design is not centered with the handle on the left, they are centered in the middle of the cup. I don't know if they are all like that or just the ones local to the Cancun/Playa del Carmen area. You'll see later on what I mean, because we went back almost a year later and I got another one.

Until our next visit ...

1 comment:

Gone said...

I have seen a few that aren't centered the way we're used to seeing...quite a switch hey?

Beautiful though!!