Friday, October 10, 2014

Just Another Day at the Office

Today was a long day, but it was still pretty great. We are at the final days of ad sales for the Winter Issue, so we've been working early moring and late nights. Its not too bad, because its only a two week period each quarter. But today was still a great day despite running like crazy.

I had to visit some clients and potiental clients, which in my world is not too bad. Actually, most days its the best part.

One place I visited today was Buttons n Bows, a quilt shop on Memorial Drive in Houston. They always seem to have the perfect fabric for my projects. Though I stopped by for business today, I decided to multitask and pick up more yardage of a green fabric I need for a secret Quiltsmart Project, part of my Year of Quiltsmart. For the same project, I need a yellow fabric, which I had been procrastinating because ... well, I don't like yellows and I'm picky about golds too. 

But, as I was looking for the green and considering pushing off choosing a yellow for the project, Marge said she had one on the cutting that she thought I might just like for the project. Sure enough, as soon as I saw it, I knew it was perfect! 


Another stop today was Rummel Creek Village Antiques, just down the street from Buttons n Bows. I could tell you of how many beautifu antiques there were, or express how hard it was not to blow an entire month's paycheck, but maybe I'll just share some photos with you!







The best part was meeting my friend E.B. for lunch. Her
husband's company recently brought them to the United States and it is fun to introduce her to places here and learn about her international travels.

So despite the busy week, the activity leads to new adventures. Who knew exploring your own community could be so fun? That's what make my work so fun!!

Until our next cup of tea ...





No comments: