Wednesday, October 15, 2014

Mad for Mad Hatter!!

I love Alice in Wonderland's Mad Hatter. Its just something about the quirky little versions all this character, and his connection to tea is just a wonderful bonus. 

The past 2 months I have been working with a variety of antique shops and boutiques as I worked on the TEAinTEXAS Winter Issue. Of course, I took the time to explore and some of my previous posts shared some of those photos.
 
While I was visit Antiques on Memorial in Houston and there I found this wonderful treat. This Walt Disney figurine made in Japan.  I haven't found much information on it, though the vendor claimed it was "rare". Unofficial notes say it was made in the 1950sor 1960s. I'm not sure if the rarity is because of limited edition or because age and few have survived. I have seen several for sale on various websites, but most are already sold.
 



Regardless, of the lack of information this little guy is the perfect companion for my Alice in Wonderland tea set. 

 

Until our next cup of tea ...
 
 

No comments: