Friday, January 23, 2015

#FrostedPumpkinFriday: the Cold (Old) Hard Facts


Its #FrostedPumpkinFriday!! I am so excited about this new SAL, Story Time Sampler, by Frosted Pumpkin Stitchery. I didn't get as much done this week as I'd hoped to accomplish. I was hoping to get some stitching in today, but the TEAinTEXAS magazine has seen some growth this year and our 2015 issues are going to be the biggest one's yet! It's exciting, but with extra feature writing and last minute client additions, I didn't get to sit and stitch much. 

I've gotten a little further than this, but still not finished with the first frame yet.


Starting this project did make me face reality. I've been working on another project, my carpool project, on a high count thread fabric. I think it's a 28-count white eventweave and I'm stitching over 2. I work on it mostly in daylight (carpool) so I hadn't really noticed any issues. But when I started on this project with the "Storm" by Picture This Plus, the light grey and muted or pastel tones of the floss, I soon realized I'm going to need either glasses or a magnifying glass. UGH! I feel old. Two years ago at 35 I was told I needed glasses, but somehow this makes me feel old. Sure, I'm suppose to wear my prescribed glasses when I read, am on the computer, sew or stitch, but this just makes me feel so ancient. Well, that and my birthday was yesterday and there were a few old jokes.

But there is a happy note. I am absolutely, head over heels in love with Picture This Plus. From their site, you can see they have lots of selection and each one is gently dyed in small batches and the best part? They stitched the sides of my fabric piece so it wouldn't unravel!! Now, I'd like to believe I am special, but I'm pretty sure they do this on all their fabric cuts. But I still feel special.


I love the varigated patterns that turned up in my 1/4 yard f Storm. The greys are very beautiful. 


Well, I'm off to get some more stitching done before bedtime. Show me your Frosted Pumpkin Project! It doesn't have to be from the Story Time Sampler.

Until our next cup of tea ...

No comments: