Wednesday, January 28, 2015

The Lion Made Me Do It!!

Oh, no! I started something new. Yikes!!

On my birthday I stopped by the craft store in between lunch and picking up Lil Monkey at school. I wasn't planning to buy anything, I just wanted to stop in a look at stuff. I walked through nearly 3/4 of the store and wandered into the yarn section. I saw this beautiful steel grey bulky yarn and fell in love.


Now, the reality is that I haven't picked up a crochet hook in probably 20 years. I am a hopeless cause. I've had 2 grandmothers and 1 great grandmother try to teach me to crochet at some point in my life from an early age to the teen years. I cannot read the patterns to save my life!! Seriusly, I am horrible at foreign languages and this is all Greek to me!

I couldn't pass up the grey yarn and grabbed a hook as well.

The yarn, Lion Brand Yarns, was a beautiful bulky yard called Edwardian. 


So once I got home, it sat near my recliner for a few days while I tried to figure out what I wanted to make. After playing around a bit, and searching on Pinterest for a "magical" quick lesson for beginners, I decided to just go with the one stitch I know, the double crochet.

Right away, I started making a single crochet chain and by the 40 count-ish I'd lost track. Oh, well, I just made a really long chain and started double crochet from there. By the end of the night, I had almost finished the skein of yarn.


I worked on it a little more today, after picking up two more skeins of yarn. I'm surprised that it is actually going well as this point. I'll update more next week and we'll see how far I get.

Until our next cup of tea ...


No comments: