Monday, October 7, 2013

Pinterest Project: All Eyes On Halloween!

I had originally planned to profile a Halloween craft project each week, but I am having so much fun, that there are more than 4 to get us in the spooky-mood. This past weekend I was playing on Pinterest and sat this cute Christmas Button Wreath and did not want to wait to make it. So with  little thinking outside the box, I made this cute Halloween Wreath.


So fun, so easy!

I got a $3 black frame from Wal-Mart, and a bag of "googly" eyes from Dollar Tree. I found some ribbon and Halloween themed paper, though I ended up using a purple because the decorations in the room I hung it in are black, purple and silver.


I used a bowl to lightly trace a circle in the middle of the paper to use as a guide. Then I laid out the googly eyes where I wanted them. This took some time because I am a strictly symmetrical person, so "random" is hard for me. I left about a 3 inch blank spot at the top for the ribbon.

After I was happy with the layout, I started gluing them down. I made a few adjustments at the end, then added my ribbon. I am not good at ribbons, so mine is not actually tied, just folded to give the look. 


It took me less than half an hour to make. It looks like such an easy kids project, that I may see if my little guy wants to make one. 

Until our next cup of tea ...

No comments: