Wednesday, October 9, 2013

Whatcha Working on Wednesday: Round Robin Kick Off


OMG! I am so in love with everything about my Round Robin quilt. I finally got all the fabrics, and it ended up going in a direction I was not thinking about. Its always great when you get a surprise like that. I think there are 15 fabrics total, but these two are the focal fabrics - the fabrics that all the others were chosen to compliment.

I've had these fabrics for about 7 years or so. I got them some time around my husband's first deployment. I absolutely loved them, but was too scared to do anything because I was concerned that I wouldn't like it and there was less than a yard of each fabric. The designer is Robyn Pandolph and she has so many fabrics in the colors that I love most, that I might beg her to be my new best friend! So I decided it was time to do something! 






I chose some fabrics then my mom's friend, Susan, who is also doing the Round Robin with us offered to let me "shop" in her stash. OMG! She has so many Robyn Pandolph fabrics and other that complemented them, I knew I'd found heaven. (Its apparently in South Texas if you're wondering!)



So now, I just need to get the medallion stitched and the borders put on for the first meeting! Wish me luck! (I'll show you the medallion in color when it's finished.)
 

What are you working on this week? Quilting, embroidery, scrapbooking? I'd love to know how you are welcoming the cooler temperatures with crafts!

Until our next cup of tea ...



No comments: